Get ready to roll!
Emterra Environmental is pleased to partner with the Town of Fort Qu'Appelle to bring you curbside recycling. In December 2013, each house will receive a recycling cart. It's easy to be green - simply put your recyclables in the cart and roll it out to the curb on your designated recycling day.
If your house is on Bay Ave.(both sides) or west of Bay Avenue your pickup is the 4th Tuesday of the month. If your house is east of Bay Avenue your pickup is the 4th Wednesday of the month.
Recycling program guidelines:
- Please have your recycling at the curbside by 8am on your pick-up day. Your recycling will be collected between 8am and 8pm.
- Your recycling cart should be placed with the arrows (on the lid) facing the street and should be accessible to the recycling truck driver
- Do not overfill the cart. Leave the lid closed
- All recyclables must be clean. Please remove lids and caps from bottles, jars and milk jugs.
- No need to bag your recyclables - everything can be placed loose in your cart.
What can you recycle?
- Paper, tin, glass and plastic
- All paper and cardboard - please bag shredded paper
- All beverage containers
- Tin cans and other household metal including aluminum pie plates and foil
- Milk jugs and cartons
- Tetra Pak containers for beverages and soup
- All plastic bottles and containers labelled 1-7 (any colour). Plastics can be identified by a number in the triangle on the bottom of most containers
Items that are NOT accepted
- styrofoam including egg cartons and meat trays, plastic bags/film (even if numbered), unnumbered plastic packaging, food wrap, wax paper, chip bags, cookie bag liners, candy bar wrappers, cereal or cracker box liners, unclassified plastics like toys, hangers and plastic cutlery.
- Light bulbs, ceramics, window or mirror glass, tempered glass (like Pyrex) and used motor oil containers or batteries.
If you have any questions please call EMTERRA Environmental at 1-306-775-9999 or toll free at 1-855-909-0959 or the Town of Fort Qu'Appelle at 306-332-5266.